Monday, June 18, 2012

Adventures in Kamakura Land!

Kamakura is a city in Kanagawa Prefecture known for it's temples, beach, and greenery. Two of my friends, one being my usual partner in crime, invited me to go venture in Kamakura in the rain to look at hydrangeas. It was nice to escape work and other obligations for the first time in two weeks. I was turning into a recluse against my will! It was nice to take some pictures and to see some Kentucky Seoul-ness.

I threw in a five yen coin as an offering at Meigetsuin Temple and it bounced off the offering crate/box. Offering a five yen coin means you will preserve your friendship with the friends you're with at the time. I'm not sure if that was a bad omen but we did get a laugh. I was told that's what I get for being so cheap. Haha! 
 
I wouldn't say I'm a photographer. Hell, it's a long running joke with my partner in crime that I can't take a good picture. If it does turn out good, well I was just lucky. Anyway, this was one of my favorite pictures of the many species of hydrangeas I saw in Kamakura. You could still see the flower was still wet. I'm surprised this wasn't a blurry picture.

It was also Father's Day in Japan yesterday. I hadn't realized how many friends I have that are fathers. It shocks me, especially those I've known in high school or college. More so in college though. Thought about my own Dad too and wondered if he enjoyed his Father's Day.

Not sure why I'm so into Nicki Minaj right now. I get into these random phases where I pick an artist and listen to them for awhile and move on. I guess it fascinates me because she can rap and sing which is rare. Beyonce can sing but she could never rap. Little Kim raps but I can't imagine her singing like Beyonce. It's hard to do both in a song. Plus, this girl is crazy. Lady Gaga does it as art but you can tell in her music who influences her just by listening. Nicki Minaj however...she's all over the place with her different personae and her music style is very different from the usual urban music. o_o

Work has been piling up but more sporadically? I'll have waves of nothing to do and when I need to get things done, they come at once with deadlines and barely any time to even do it all. I went as far as to read my horoscope and it basically said "all work and no play." Didn't stop me from looking at the hydrangeas though!!!

For all those busy, stressed, want to scream at the sky...just remember that it could be worse. But to keep you afloat, just breathe, close your eyes, and relax like this guy right here:




~P. Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment