Monday, June 4, 2012

What a way to start a Monday!

I woke up this morning feeling a little lazy, until I realized that I switched my gym membership from being an "Evening Member" to an "Afternoon Member." That made me look forward to today. I can finally go right after work from now on instead of starting at 8:30pm.

Went to the gym right after work and it was strange seeing the gym during the day, filled with elderly people. I ran into the fitness staff member who was present during my futsal accident, and he seemed glad to see me after nearly three months of not being able to go to the gym. Not sure if he was just glad to see me, or because I was one of the younger members at the gym. Overall, I was happy that I was welcomed back.

As I peddled on the bike between two older gentlemen both old enough to be my father, I thought how nice it was they both care about their health. Then I realized their resistance weight was at a higher amount than mine, which made me feel bad because elderly people usually tell me I'm energetic. This made me a little sad because a lot of elderly people in America tell me they're too old to workout or complain about joint pain, yet today while I was stretching, I saw an elderly lady with her trainer, helping her stretch to work out her joints. My motivation spiked after today. I didn't want to over do working out since I'm an extreme type of person, so I just did weights and the bike, dropping the run I usually do at the end of my workout routine.

After the gym, I headed to my Japanese class. Teaching English in Japan doesn't improve your Japanese level. It hurts my pride that I've studied Japanese for so long, being around the equivalent to the old Level 2 JLPT upon graduation, only to have it deteriorate. Now I'm taking an Advanced Japanese Class to make up for the six years I've lost. I've never had so much homework thrown at me, along with a test to study for but I won't lie; it's a great feeling!

Today was an even balance of mental and physical exercise. Hoping to continue with the routine and this "high" I'm on doesn't fade away too quickly!

-P. Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment