Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cards and Cars

I've been a little more productive at work. I made a whole crap load of flash cards today to replace the "made in haste" cards that the previous teacher made. I'm assuming those cards weren't made out of laziness but if they were, shame on that person. That person would've gotten low marks from my Speech professor back at State. Anyway, I didn't realize how much time would go by creating flashcards, improving worksheets, laminating, and cutting would take. I had three periods free and I still ended up leaving work a little late.

I thought if I had extra time, I would study some Japanese but that went out the door. I still have that test to study for. *Shudders* Yeah, I could procrastinate and not care as I'm not being graded on this but I want to slay that JLPT and own it. I will take no prisoners. Plus, my course is pretty cheap compared to other Japanese schools that cost ten times the amount I paid for one whole year. I've gotta take advantage of this situation.

On my way home from work, I walked by two brand new Ford SUVs, an early 2000's Nissan Skyline, a Mini Austin Cooper with writing all over it, and a suped up Lexus with a speaker system that could shake the ground. Those were a pretty decent amount of cars that stood out in the sea of mediocre, boxed, and boring family cars. Even a semi is more interesting than those boxed cars. Japan praises their ability to be eco friendly but a boxed car is NOT aerodynamic. I learned that in two years of shop and a year of science tech. What I find strange is that Japanese people aren;t as  judgmental about cars as they are about other things. They'll freak out about a Mercedes or a Benz, but rarely a sports car. If so, it'll be an import, rarely Japanese. Even my conversations with Japanese co-workers, we never talk about cars. If so, it's more driving the family around. I should talk about cars next time I talk to me co-workers. Start off the conversation with Toyota ending it's production of the Supra or something.

But I did have a student who said he loved Gran Turismo, which means his dad must love cars. And I do have an old co-worker who sent me a picture of his late 1960's Corvette. (Can't remember what year though. I'm not a motor head.) So some people do have interest in cars.

Sorry about ending this with some semi-"man" talk. Gotta balance the beauty talk with some "man" talk to make the brother happy.

In the end, I would not own this:


Mazda AZ Wagon


I would rather own a Demio, which would shock my brother. Besides, this doesn't even match my personality. o_O

Thought for the day: What's your dream car?

-P. Bear

2 comments:

  1. Yeah that car is pretty cute tho xDDD

    Omg so one of my coworkers is a race car fanatic and builds his own cars. He came to Japan to build a car cuz the parts are cheaper to get here. Anyways I had to observe him teaching the other day and when I asked how to get to his school he said he'd drive me and sent me a pic of his car so I could find him at the station - LOL OMG. I don't think there was any way I could MISS his car!! Kinda sticks out if you know what i mean Hahaha And then while he was driving he floored it and I thought my face was gonna melt off. Hahahaha it was actually more fun than scary but it was my first time in a race car LOL!

    ReplyDelete