Friday, May 11, 2012

TGIF!

Seriously. I was so exhausted today. When I got home, I collapsed and slept for three hours. It's not work related, but more from my lingering cold. It's making me tired and I hope it doesn't turn into bronchitis. AGAIN.

After watching the season finale of The Voice on YouTube, I was surprised but happy that Jermaine Paul won. I really thought Juliet Simms would take it home. From background singer to a front man. That was a great achievement.

Also on nbcthevoice's YouTube channel, I was able to see a performance by my favorite four male contestants on The Voice. They performed "I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5, which they killed. I like James Massone because he's just a cutie pie. He went from a really shy singer to a singer with swag. All because of Cee Lo. I think he went a long way in terms of growth compared to Pip and Jamar. Jermaine went a long way too but in a different way.



I also saw a performance by Cheesa, Kim Yarborough, Naia Kete, and Sera Hill. The performance wasn't as moving as Jermaine and Co. but I did like Sera Hill's dress. Something I wish they sold more often in the land of the rising sun. I'm currently looking for Sera Hill's type of dress for a friend's wedding, which happens to be on my birthday.

Sera Hill, second from the left in the green dress.
 There are some foreigners who enjoy Japanese fashion and will take it to the outer limits, even if it isn't very becoming on them. That is where I put my foot down. Fashion fits a person's personality and not fashion fits the person. For those who know me, you know I would never wear this:

A normal dress for a wedding or formal dinner in Japan.

And it comes in different colors! NO. This is the type of dress that I've seen at stores. This just makes me look pregnant. There are other dresses out there that are a little better but I don't want to blend in with people at the wedding. My friend teased me and said I shouldn't up show the bride but hey, like I said. It's my birthday!

For more dresses, click here: http://global.rakuten.com/en/category/women_apparel/dresses/

Now you know what kind of fashion I need to deal with. ::shudders::

Thought for the day: Would you wear that ribbon and frill dress? (Yes, it's misspelled as "furill in the ad.")

-P. Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment