Friday, May 4, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Today was yet another gloomy day. Dark skies and eventual rain.

I decided today would be Spring Cleaning Day (which actually is Greenery Day in Japan). Went grocery shopping but realized that my supermarket lacked the type of cleaning supplies I needed. In the end I ventured off to the next station to get the supplies left on my list.

It was crowded in the mall. I ran into several of my students and a co-worker. I had decided I only needed to get what was on the list, and look for a Mother's Day gift. I only realized it was Mother's Day a few days ago so now my mom will be receiving a late Mother's Day gift.

One thing that does irk me from time to time is the amount of shoving that goes on when I'm out. Not sure as to why people shove when there's plenty of space, whether you're on the train or in a store. I'm not sure if people up in the over glorified capital area just think there is no need to be polite or what. But the lack of apologies amaze me since Japanese people are stereotyped as polite. I've noticed it's not only in Japan but no matter where you go or how old you are, common courtesies rarely exist nowadays. No need to shove people. Plenty of clearance for everyone. Especially in the train, fill out the aisles and stop blocking the entrance/exit.

Anyway, I ended up walking away with a small purchase for myself. Beneficial to everyday use since I like to drink tea in the morning. Bought myself a new red thermos. It'll help keep my drink cold during the sweltering summer and warm during the frigid winter.

I'm left a happy bear.




 

As for the cleaning, it went smoothly. Have a lot more to do but that's why I decided to do it during my vacation.

Thought for the day: What would you do if you kept getting shoved in a non-crowded area?

-P.Bear

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god, the shoving... girl come to HK and see rude assholes in all their glory! It will be just me and ONE PERSON walking opposite of each other on a sidewalk, and since there really is no standard "who's on what side" here in HK, it usually ends up with them trying to cut me off. Seriously guys?! They drive on the left side of the road, so you'd think they'd walk on the left side: NOPE. I mean, even the elevators in the malls aren't all the same. Some elevators you go up the left side, some the right, I don't understand! Can't we just make some guidelines?! Oh, and trains... on every platform, it shows that people boarding the train should wait on the sides of the door, and people coming out will exit through the middle. NEVER HAPPENS. No one gives a crap about manners, they will get in that train (or get out of it) as quickly as possible. No apologies or nothin D:. I've actually, one more than one occasion, been waiting first in line, along the yellow line, for a train, and some jerk just walks RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and cuts in. Seriously person, you can't see I'm waiting here in line for the same train?!

    I think HK is turning me to an asshole... LOL. Sorry for that long rant. Adam was just in Tokyo and he told me "Yay there are people, but the madness is -organized-. Like there is kinda a team effort. Not this mentality here of every man for himself." *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. That's how Chinatown is in SF. Words of wisdom from someone I don't talk to anymore. "They shove you, you shove back, even if they're old!" That totally shocked me but in the end, you'll have to do what you need to survive!

    Also, show them your half Korean side! I say Tae Kwon Do their booties out the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I <3 u XD I let super old, pregger ladies, and kids holding their parents hands off easy. Everyone else, FEEL MY WRATH!! *hulks out*

    ReplyDelete