Monday, May 28, 2012

Skin Care and Make-Up Review Part II


I had been busy as a honey bee lately so sorry for not updating the blog. Life gets busier and more hectic by the day.

Well, the long awaited, overdue review has finally come! This came as a request, which makes me happy that people are actually interested in reading these reviews. Not sure why some of the LUSH products have a different name in Japanese but whatever. Hope you all enjoy this!




Putty for your hands [マーガレットからの手紙] 
JPY: 880 USD: 8.95 


I have eczema and lately, my hands have been destroyed by the x amount of times I wash my hands when I leave the classroom. I had been sick on and off so constant hand washing is a must. You roll up a cherry sized amount in your hand, slightly make it moist with water, gently massage it into your hands before completely rinsing it off. This doesn’t foam so don’t expect it to. It locks moisture very well and it has calmed the eczema on my hands. I recommend this for extremely dry hands.

Helping Hands [ヘルピングハンド]
JPY: 1350 USD: 17.95

You only need a tiny amount of this stuff. I suggest you use a fingertip’s worth of this hand cream and this works well with the hand putty. Too much of this and your hands will get oily. I’ve read reviews of people complaining about how oily this stuff is or about the smell. If you ask the sales person, they only tell you to use a small amount. Besides, if you think it’s too oily then cut back on the amount. Duh! As for the smell, I have no idea what people are complaining about. It smells like natural oils to me. Good for extremely dry, chapped, and cracked hands.

Butterball Bath Bomb [バターボール]
JPY: 380 USD: 4.95

What the heck was I thinking when I purchased this?! I just wanted to make my purchase up to 1000 yen to gain a stamp and this was a bad last minute addition to the basket. This bath bomb is good if you have dry skin but it’s WAY too oily, even for me. Smelled overwhelmingly like butter and vanilla. This bath bomb leaves an oily film and it’s a pain to clean it all out of the tub. I don’t recommend this. It gets the gong.

Avobath Bath Bomb [アボバス]
JPY: 500 USD: 6.25

I bought this because my friend recommended it to me. I’m glad I listened to him! So far, this is the greatest bath bomb I’ve used so far. Lemon grass smell was nice and went well with the avocado moisturizer. It wasn’t too much of a pain to clean and my skin felt great. I recommend this to anyone who wants to unwind after a long day of hard working and soften their skin. Also, it wasn’t oily to me at all so I think that people who have oily skin can use it too.

Big Blue Bath Bomb [Rushラッシュ]
JPY: 500 USD: 6.25

Meh…I have the bar soap and I liked the smell of it but I didn’t expect a seaweed mess to come with this bath bomb. The smell was okay, lavender and lime mixed together. It would have been fine since you wouldn’t need to scrub the tub like you’d have to with the Butterball Bath Bomb, but scooping up the seaweed wasn’t fun. I suggest you put this bath bomb in a cheese cloth, garment bag, or a tea pouch before dropping it in the tub to prevent a big mess. Unless you want ambiance of feeling like you're in the ocean, be my guest.

Nature Republic Aqua Solution Skin Care Sample Set
JPY: 1200 USD: N/A

Lotion: This is a clear lotion to use as a base for the essence. You don’t need to use a lot of it, which I learned a little too late. Massage it into your skin, making sure it soaks in.

Essence: After the lotion, spread the essence evenly over the face.

Cream: I use it only at night, after I put the essence on.

My skin feels nice after using this product but it seems a little too basic for me. Summer is almost here and this will just make a person break out. I recommend using this during the spring or fall, but it’s not thick enough for winter and a little too much for summer. I think I’m going to move on to a different product. It didn’t make me go “wow” or impress me much. I’m happy I just used the sampler and not the whole line. I would have been disappointed.


AHAVA Purifying Mud Mask
JPY: N/A USD: 30.00

A gift from my sister. I have sensitive combination skin, both oily and dry. Putting this mud mask on your face stings, but in a good way. This tightens pores and fine lines. Since it’s made from dead sea salt, I think it’d good for people who have skin problems.


 Hope you enjoyed this review. I'll for sure be trying out different beauty products because I'm a beauty product junkie. Stay tuned for more product reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment