Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The rain can lead to snails...

It was gloomy, gray, and rainy today. I was annoyed by the rain because I hate wet socks. I'm in need of a new pair of rain boots (Wellingtons) because there's a hole in the current pair I have. They don't leak, the hole just bothers me.

Work was great. My co-workers offered me Children's Day sweets. It was basically a mochi taco with red bean filling. They also asked if I could go to the Welcome Party next week and I said that I was free but it depends on how much. If you're leaving a work place, you don't pay for the dinner but if you're entering a place, you pay. This could range from 5,000 JPY to 10,000 JPY. Not that I'm cheap but since I'm dispatched to more than one place, that becomes a bit expensive.

Besides the sweets, another good thing was that after several years, I finally got into a Japanese class offered by my company. Hopefully I can stay afloat because I'm actually in between levels and I signed onto the more advanced class. It's for people who have passed or at trying to pass the Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 1 (the highest level). A little unsure of myself but with an actual class to go to and with an instructor cracking the whip, I'm going to go for it. This exam has been a thorn in my side for years.  More times in the library I guess.

Even though it was raining, I went to the mall since I was in a good mood. Went to the Missha store to check if they had what I wanted in stock and sure enough, they did. As the sales lady started talking and slapping on different lotions, I didn't realize how complicated skin care could be. One was too thick but for sensitive skin, another was light, another one was combination normal/dry skin, and somehow I even tried snail. The snail lotion was good for cell regeneration but the smell just made me think of a garden or fresh soil. In the end she handed me some samples for lightweight lotion and toner. I felt bad for receiving samples, and so I bought two cotton moisture masks.

Men just use bar soap and wash their faces. Instead they worry about facial hair. But women are constantly drawn to cosmetics, unless you just don't care about taking care of your face. I've had clear skin back in America but living here just screwed up my skin. Hence the reason for my interest in skin care. So if I talk about skin care from time to time, sorry. That can't be helped.

In Japan, the four day weekend starts from tomorrow. It's actually called Golden Week but the week had a two day gap for work. It's strange to be on vacation, work for two days, and continue the vacation. How odd.

Well I'm off. The question I leave you to ponder with would be: Dare to try some Snail cream?

-P. Bear

4 comments:

  1. Gross..... Snails belong in the yard, not on your face! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try the snail slime if you get a free sample.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @H: What?! You don't want to try some snail cream?!

    @S: If I get some I'll send it to you.

    ReplyDelete