Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's finally warm!

To most people, 24 degrees C (75 degrees F) is hot yet I'm still wearing long sleeves. People complain of the humidity, I love it. Women are using UV umbrellas and UV forearm protectors yet here I am frolicking in the sun. It's 75 degrees F, 83% humidity, and feels like78 degrees F. I've felt 40 degrees C (103 degrees F) at 90% humidity before...so not sure why everyone is saying it's hot right now. Japan has never hit that high before. I'm glad it's getting warmer now. No need for long sleeves!

Today I started drawing "Happy Goombas" to help motivate my students in the heat. (Goombas from the Super Mario series.) They liked the Goomba with the boom box, dancing to the music. I said he was doing the "Happy Goomba Dance" but they called him "Hip Hop Goomba." o_O I thought it would be nice to move away from Snuffy but they still prefer the baby mammoth. I'm not sure how I could even top Snuffy. They complain he doesn't have ears and that his tail is huge but are disappointed when I don't bring him. It's a no-win situation. I might have to introduce Mr. Rogers' red street car next. I used to love that red cable car but would be disappointed when it arrived in the puppet world. Or maybe I should introduce the kids to Gogo Dodo.

I'm just glad tomorrow is Friday. Will be continuing with my work though. I'm working for the greater good. Or at least that's what I tell myself to get me through the day! July is just as busy as June. I hope it slows down soon. I don't want to burn out again.

~P. Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment