My brother and I were talking about my previous post about introducing another character to my students when somehow we started talking about animals. I told him about how I told my students I wanted to go to New Zealand to check out the Kiwis, the bird not the fruit. It has no wings and is NO WHERE near the size of the fruit with the same name. It's actually the size of a chicken, which fascinates me. (I have a thing for chickens since I used to spend my summers in the Philippines among chickens.) I told him about how students like Wooper Loopers, an albino salmander found in Mexico, and that they keep them as pets. So he suggested I introduced them to the road runner, since it's a North American bird. He thinks it resembles the road runner from Looney Toons but I beg to differ. While we were looking at them on YouTube to check out their natural habitat, I noticed that there was this WEIRD looking bird from Africa called a secretary bird, on the side bar. I had to click on it.
The secretary bird is a bird of prey that eats snakes like a road runner. It has a body like an eagle and legs like a crane...but the bird is tall! It kills snakes by stomping on it, which I find funny.
That is one wicked bird! o___o
ReplyDeleteI showed this to Adam, we both were laughing soo hard at his stompy times XD
ReplyDeleteLOL I know...I was like, What the?! It STOMPS? LOL! I'll try to find more interesting videos or topics like this to post.
ReplyDelete