Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chimichurri

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking at recipes to try and I wanted something new. When cooking, I prefer to cook dishes with lots of flavor rather than whatever seems to be popular. I also like meat! Wonderful, glorious meat! I can't eat seafood since I'm allergic to it and I don't like vegetables much, but tolerate it. So I tend to drift to meaty dishes.

Since my parents are from southeast asia, where flavor is plentiful...Japanese food leans toward the bland side. It doesn't help that I grew up in an international city in the States either. What's strange is that I usually choose a country and cook one dish before moving on to another. Recently, I decided to look for an Argentinian recipe because some Argentinian friends of mine told me Argentinian food consists of meat.

A couple of weeks ago, I came across a recipe on Epicurious (love that app) for chimichurri but never had the chance to make it as it called for red and white vinegar. But lucky me, my friend made a whole bunch and gave me some to try!

So I stir fried some onions, eggplant (a tiny mini sized one since I don't like them), some broccoli, and a steak soaked in soy sauce (she told me the chimichurri needed salt so I used soy sauce instead) and garlic paste. I added a small spoonful of chimichurri to try and it had a lot of kick! It was great! Like salsa but not...and goes with meat.

It also goes well with veggies too. Such a happy bear.

-P. Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment